….and My Story Runs On….
I swear I mentioned this in one of my videos on my You Tube channel but I can’t seem to find it right now…one of the things I wish I had done while preparing for my first marathon was journaling my experience. This just came to me the other day…I’ve also been wanting to blog at least weekly so I decided to write a quick blog about my previous week training.
I’m following a training plan I created here. I created one for the 50K on 12/5 and then will change to the 50 mile training plan after that race is over.
My plan called for 40 miles last week and I did 39.6. Close enough for me:
- Monday is an off day. I just signed up for 2 months with Flip N Fit since they had an awesome deal. I tried a Yin Yoga class at Naam Yoga.
- Tuesday: 4 trail miles at South Mountain with my friend Vicki
- Wednesday: I was in Tucson doing 2 free clinics (Davis-Monthan Air Force and Performance Footwear). My boyfriend and I were told to go to Sabino Canyon. It was our first time and I logged 4 trail miles there. I love first time experiences and it was a beautiful location!
- Thursday: I did 3.1 miles at track and 3.6 at the Ragnar Adventure Run.
- Friday is an off day
- Saturday: I spent Friday night on the west side for girl’s night and because I was attending Yoga For Runners and doing a free ChiRunning clinic at Eleutheria Wellness. I know a good 4.7 mile loop at Estrella Park (not crazy about looping but it works for safety reasons, especially if I’m alone). Was very excited to have my friend Karyl, join me for the first lap. We met at the Breast Cancer 3-day and is a Las Bombas. She started getting into running last year and has completed her first half marathon and doing Ragnar with us! I did 4.7 with her and then 9.3 alone.
- Sunday: I did 11 miles at Warpaint trail at South Mountain. Invited several friends and people were doing their own distance and their own speed. Five of us did the 11 miles. I believe this is my longest back to back run? I can’t remember what I did with my first 50K so maybe not…if I would’ve only journaled…I’ve done it walking for sure with the 3-Day..
I’m really making sure I focus on recovery and taking care of my body as I have a big fear of Plantar again or having my heel spur give me trouble…the Yoga for Runner’s class on Saturday was great timing. After my back to back weekend, I spent some time in the hot tub, did a lot of stretching and leg drains (my favorite!) last night. As I’m writing this now, my legs are heavy but feel much better than I expected. I suspect it’s because of my recovery practice and my ChiRunning focuses during my runs.
Next week will be a bit of a challenge as I’ll be in Tucson Fri/Sat for another clinic and workshop. If I can’t get my daily mileage in, my goal is to shoot for the weekly mileage.
From My Running Story to Yours….
(if you feel inspired to share your comments, do so below…I want to hear your story too!)