Please email me at Lisa@TheRunningUniversity.com to RSVP for any of these events.
All participants will receive 15% off any 4-Hour Workshop.
ChiRunning/ChiWalking Posture & Breathing
In each clinic I will introduce the ChiWalking/ChiRunning form. Walking and running are one of the best ways to lose weight and stay fit.
Most people walk and run by using the muscles in their legs. As a result, people lead with their legs and pull themselves forward (most walking and running injuries are mainly due to improper use of leg muscles!)
ChiRunning/ChiWalking teaches you to use your core muscles rather than your leg muscles, allowing your upper body to lead your lower body. This forward movement engages the pull of gravity, which then becomes your ally. This revolutionary method uses the same principles of T’ai Chi by working with core muscles, body alignment and body/mind integration resulting in a proven pain-free, energy efficient way to walk and run.
This in turn creates a more focused and enjoyable workout experience for lifelong health and energy.
It’s great for all fitness levels! If you are beginner, you will learn the right technique before doing it incorrectly. For experienced walkers or runners, find out how you can take your performance to the next level. If you are injured, find out what you are doing incorrectly so you can get back to the sport you love.
Visit www.ChiWalking.com or www.ChiRunning.com for more information.
Download my FREE ebook by clicking on the link: “15 Simple Steps for the Beginner Beginner™ Runner“.
Get In Touch with Your Inner Turtle
Get In Touch with Your Inner Turtle for ‘Wannabe’ Runners
Do you think you are too old to run? Or maybe too overweight? Do you worry what the “real” runners will think of you? Do you think you might be too slow? Or you won’t fit in?
I’ve trained 100’s of beginner runners to achieve goals they never thought possible (and had these same fears!) including myself!
During this clinic:
- We will talk about the most common fears that people have of running. We will share experiences as you will be in the company of other people who are feeling exactly like you!
- I will give you tips on how to overcome these fears and how to move forward.
- I will share some basic tips on ChiRunning form & hopefully you’ll meet some new friends that you can continue your fitness journey with.
This will be done in a fun, supportive, non judgmental atmosphere.
- Sole Sports Tempe Wednesday 8/23/17 from 6:30-7:30pm
- Sole Sports Glendale Thursday 8/31/17 from 6:30-7:30pm
- REI Chandler Thursday 9/21/17 6:30-7:30
- REI Paradise Valley Wednesday 10/18/17 (called Beginner Running for Women)
Stay tuned for future free clinics. Click here and sign up for my newsletter to find out about the next one!