Welcome to The Running University! I’m so glad you found me! My name is Lisa Pozzoni and I swore I would never be a runner. Now I say, “Never say never” because you truly never know what will happen to you when you meet the right people that inspire and encourage you. Hint, hint 😉 (You are here for a reason 😉 )
Does This Sound Like You?
I count my blessings every day that I get to help people just like you. You see, I was there too. I thought running was way out of my league! I thought I was too overweight, it was too late in my life to start running, “real” runners would make fun of me, I would probably get injured, I was going to be the slowest person ever….now you are asking yourself: how does she know what is going on in my head? Not only have I had all of these thoughts (and more!), but I’ve trained 100’s of people that started out exactly where you are now. I absolutely love watching people transform right before my very eyes! This is what I do and I’ll admit, I’m pretty darn good at it!
I Get Where You Are Coming From Completely
I used to be overweight, frustrated (tried every diet out there), afraid, depressed and felt like there wasn’t any light at the end of the tunnel. I wanted to be healthier and happier in my life and didn’t know where to start. Luckily I found a personal trainer and most of this changed but I still really wanted to be a runner. Was it too late for me to start running? What would other runners think of me? Then, one day, one of my friends, gave me the ChiRunning book. Literally, the rest is history. Fast forward several years later, I am now a running coach and my longest race to date is a 50 miler! Who would’ve thought? Seriously! But I never forget what it was like to be a Beginner Beginner™ runner and I want to help you get out of your comfort zone and take that next step! I promise it will be easier than you think! Are you ready????!!!
What do you want to do?
You may not know exactly what you want to do yet but these will inspire you to start thinking about your next steps. You’ve made it this far so keep going!
I’m just starting out, give me some advice:
- You definitely want to download my free ebook: 15 Simple Steps For The Beginner Beginner™ Runner: Easy & Practical How To’s for the ‘Newbie’, ‘Could Be’, ‘Sort Of’ or ‘Reluctant’ Runner .
- Read more about My Running Story, click here.
- Click here to see if I’m hosting any free clinics
I’m too old to run…or overweight….
- You’re doing what at 69 years old?
- A 70 year old, 73 yo and 91 yo go into a bar….
- Running Marathons at 70?!
- She’s such a loser!
I’ve been dabbling into running, but I’m still not sure what I’m doing (it hurts, it’s not fun, I’m injured, etc)
- 50 Miles of Gratitude: (1) ChiRunning
- My Worst Running Tragedy so far….
- 4 Reasons NOT to PR a race
- 3 Ways to Change a Bad Attitude on a Run
Take these next steps!
- Become a Get Fit member and join my newsletter. You will receive fitness tips, a workout, and a recipe. I know you get a lot of emails so I send these out every 2 weeks. You can sign up here and view the last edition as well.
- I love to stay in touch and interact with my peeps! Connect with me here:
- Email me with any questions you have at Lisa@TheRunningUniversity.com (or call me at 602-502-1859)
- Check and see if I have any free clinics coming up
- Try your first Running Camp or Track Workout for Runners/Walkers for free (sorry guys, this is for ladies only!)
I would love to help you in anyway I can! It’s my passion and mission in life. Here is what Amanda recently shared on her facebook page:
One year ago today I went to the track workout with Lisa Pozzoni / The Running University for the first time! I was so nervous that I wouldn’t fit in, or would be the slowest, or they wouldn’t take me seriously because I wasn’t really a runner. The moment I met Lisa I felt at ease. She is so kind and welcoming and really just beams out positive energy – it’s something else. I found a whole community that morning that I didn’t know I needed and I’m so very grateful and happier/healthier because of it. Thank you, Lisa! “